I made this rendition of Crawfish Monica because I’m still not over missing Jazz Fest in New Orleans and you won’t find the official recipe anywhere online. This one was still was BOMB!! I added shrimp to mine. I’m calling it Crawfish (Not) Monica because I don’t want no problems lol.
1. Cook your pasta according to packaging. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, melt the butter and sauté the chopped onions for about 5 mins.
3. Add the garlic, Cajun seasoning, salt and black pepper and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
4. Add the cooking white wine and cook over high heat until nearly all evaporated.
5. Add the cream lemon juice and cook, stirring occasionally, until it starts to simmer. You will notice the color of the sauce become more golden.
6. Add the crawfish tails and cook, stirring, to warm through.
7. Add the shrimp and allow to cook until pink.
8. Add the green onions and parsley and cook for 1 minute.
9. Stir in the cooked pasta and toss to coat with the sauce. Cook until the pasta is warmed through, about 1 minute.
10. Remove from the heat and add 1/2 cup of the cheese