This product was found in the December curl box and I must say I was a little skeptical to try yet another "curl defining pudding". I mean, how many curl defining puddings must I be tempted by?! lol. They all promise to define, condition, elongate and defrizz curls. When it's all said and done, some of these defining puddings leave my hair hard, frizzy and thirsty! After trying this product, I must say that it made good on its promises. Here's how I styled my hair using the ELASTA QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter Curl Defining Pudding:
1. I washed and conditioned my hair as normal ( using the LOC method, LOC method post is found under tutorials and blog posts section).
2. Once my hair was washed, detangled and conditioned, I divided my hair into sections and worked small amounts of the product through my hair from root to tip. I started from the back of my head.
3. Part your hair to your liking once you make it to the front of your head and continue to work the product through.
4. DON'T manipulate your hair any further once you are ready to dry it.
5. Air dry your hair or sit under a hooded dryer. Once your hair is dry you can pick it from the roots for more volume.
The results were a well defined, SOFT, elongated curly fro. I loved it and this will definitely become one of my most used wash and go methods.
**If you would like to see what I mean when I say "work the product through my hair, check out this YouTube Video below that I did using a different product but the same method**