Sometimes I just want an old fashioned meal that tastes like my grandma’s kitchen back in the day. Hamburger steaks smothered in gravy and onions scratch that itch. I love to serve it over mashed potatoes and with a veggie. Prep time is minimal and the recipe is simple. Enjoy!
2 lbs of ground beef
2 Beaten Eggs
2 cups bread crumbs
1 white onion (thinly sliced in rings)
Garlic Powder (to taste)
Onion Powder (to taste)
Black Pepper (to taste)
Salt (to taste)
3 tbs flour
2 cups of beef broth
2 tbs of olive oil
1 tbs of butter
1. Combine ground beef, eggs, bread crumbs and seasonings. Mix well and form into individual hamburger patties.
2. Heat olive oil in heavy bottomed skillet and brown hamburger patties on both sides for about 4 minutes.
3. Remove browned patties from skillet. Pat off excess grease with a paper towel and set aside.
4. Add a tbs of butter to the same skillet on medium heat and allow butter to melt.
5. Add sliced onions to skillet and sauté until soft.
6. Add flour and stir to make a light roux. Once browned and blended, add beef broth and stir to blend.
7. Allow gravy and onions to come to a simmer and add patties back into skillet with gravy.
8. Cover the patties with gravy and allow them to cook about 15 mins on low heat in the covered skillet.
9. Serve over mashed potatoes or warm rice.
Click the link to see the instagram reel!