This spicy, crawfish cream sauce is simple to make and so delicious! I mixed the sauce with linguine pasta and I used a blend of freshly shredded grated pepper jack and Smoky cheddar cheeses. Check out the instagram reel here!
2 lbs of crawfish tails
1 large onion, finely diced
1 red bell pepper, finely diced
4 celery stalks, finely diced
1 tbs of minced garlic
1 cup of pepper jack cheese, freshly shredded
1 cup of smoked cheddar cheese, freshly shredded
1 8oz block of Philadelphia Cream Cheese, cubed
4 cups of heavy whipping cream
1 stick of butter
1 16 oz package of linguine
Pepper, to taste
Salt, to taste
Smoked Paprika, to taste
Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning, to taste
Badia Complete Seasoning, to taste
Garlic Powder, to taste
Onion Powder, to taste
Cayenne Pepper, to taste
Seasoned Salt, to taste
Parsley, to taste
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions but “al dente” so one minute less. Drain and set aside.
2. On medium heat, in a large pot, melt the butter.
3. Add the raw seasonings and stir for about 3-4 minutes or until softened.
4. Add the garlic and cook another minute.
5. Stir in the cubed Philadelphia cream cheese until it is almost completely blended and melted.
6. Add the heavy whipping cream and stir.
7. Season with dry seasonings.
8. Use a whisk to stir in half of the cheeses.
9. Once cheese has melted, reduce the heat to low-medium and stir in the crawfish tails, followed by drained pasta.
10. Taste the sauce and adjust seasoning to taste.
11. Allow to simmer 10-15 mins.
12. Add remaining cheese and garnish with parsley.