2 tbs of Bacon Up (bacon grease) or oil of choice
16oz (1lb) bag of fresh okra (sliced)
1 onion, diced finely
1 bell pepper, diced finely
3-4 stalks of celery, diced finely
1-2 tbs of minced garlic
2 lbs of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 lb of smoked sausage (chopped or sliced)
1 8 oz can of diced tomatoes
Badia Complete Seasoning, to taste
Garlic Powder, to taste
Onion Powder, to taste
Culture Creole Seasoning, to taste
Italian Seasoning , to taste
Black Pepper, to taste
White Vinegar (2-3 tbs)
1. In a large pot, on medium-high heat, add 2 tbs of Bacon Up until it melts.
2. Add sausage and sauté until browned.
3. Add diced onions, bell pepper and celery and sauté until softened.
4. Add garlic and sauté 2-3 minutes.
5. Add diced tomatoes and sauté for 5-7 minutes
6. Season to taste with dry seasonings
7. Add sliced okra and mix well.
8. Add 2-3 tbs of white vinegar (to prevent sliminess)
9. Lightly season with more dry seasonings (if necessary)
10.Cover pot and smother okra about 45mins (longer if you like your okra cooked down more).
11.Add lightly seasoned shrimp and smother 5 minutes more. (Do not overcook the shrimp!
12.Serve over white rice.