I love Mac and Cheese and any version of it. This flavorful, spaghetti and cheese made with smoked applewood bacon and sharp cheddar is no exception. Pro tip: Shred your own cheese. It;s so much better than the bagged stuff. If you don’t have time, the bagged cheese will still work. This dish is guaranteed to get you invited to the cookout over and over again—not without bringing the dish, of course lol.
1 lb of spaghetti
Salt (to taste)
Black Pepper (to taste)
Garlic Powder (to taste)
Onion Powder (to taste)
Slap Ya Mama Seasoning (to taste)
Chef Paul Prudhomme Magic Seasoning Salt (to taste)
Badia Adobo with Complete Seasoning (to taste)
1 16 oz block of velveeta cheese (cubed)
1 stick of butter
2 12 oz cans of evaporated milk
1-2 8 oz block of cheese ( I used sharp cheddar and mild cheddar)
3-6 slices of cooked applewood bacon, chopped finely.
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
1. Prepare spaghetti according to package instructions.
2. Add cooked and drained spaghetti to cooking spray coated pan.
3. Season noodles to taste with all dry seasonings listed above.
4. Cook bacon in skillet. Remove bacon from pan and pat away the excess grease with a paper towel. Chop the bacon finely and set aside.
5. Shred the sharp and mild cheddars. I used two 8oz blocks to make it extra cheesy, I think one still would be good. I shredded mine in a food processor.
6. In a large saucepan, on medium heat, add butter and allow to melt. Add evaporated milk and cubed velveeta cheese.
7. Add in about half a cup of shredded cheeses. Season to taste with all dry seasonings above and stir continuously until melted. Do not turn up the heat and scorch the sauce. It takes about 10-15 mins to melt completely.
8. Pour melted cheese sauce over spaghetti and mix well with a pasta spoon.
9. Add about half of the shredded cheese and mix in well with the pasta spoon.
10. Sprinkle chopped bacon on top.
11. Top off with the remaining shredded cheese.
12. Place pan in oven and bake for 15-20 mins.