I love sides that are so filling that they could stand alone. Smothered green beans and red potatoes are easy to make and even easier to enjoy as a stand alone meal. Cook this quick dish for an upgrade on boring green beans.
2-3 lbs of fresh green beans (snapped and trimmed ends)
1 yellow onion (diced)
2 tbs of chopped garlic
12 oz of applewood smoked bacon (chopped)
3 lbs of red potatoes (cut in quarters)Smoked Paprika (to taste)
Slap Ya Mama Seasoning (to taste)
Onion Powder (to taste)
Garlic Powder (to taste)
Black Pepper (to taste)
1/2 cup of water
1. In a large skillet, on medium high heat, add the bacon and cook until browned.
2. Add the diced onionsand cook 2-3 minutes or until softened.
3. Add the garlic and cook an additional minute.
4. Add the fresh green beans and water to the skillet. Allow to cook about 15 minutes or until green beans start to soften and darken in color.
5. Add the potatoes and season entire skillet to taste with dry seasonings.
6. Mix well and cook for an additional 20-30 minutes or until the potatoes and green beeans have softened and are done.