I’m back with Part 2 of yesterday’s Sunday Dinner. This candied yams recipe is EVERYTHING and so incredibly easy to make. If you’re looking for something healthy, exit this post lol!
7-8 small to medium sweet potatoes, sliced (or cut however you prefer)
1/2 stick of butter
1 cup of sugar
Nutmeg (to taste)
Cinnamon (to taste)
2 tsps of lemon juice
1. On medium heat, melt the butter in a medium, sauce pan or heavy, deep skillet.
2. Add your sliced sweet potatoes and stir well to mix.
3. Add the sugar and mix well.
4. Cover and allow the sweet potatoes to come to a slow simmer. You should also see a liquid, syrup start to form.
5. Add nutmeg and cinnamon and mix well.
6. Allow the potatoes to continue to simmer.
7. Stir in the lemon juice.
8. Allow the potatoes to continue to simmer on low to medium heat until potatoes are tender.
Remove from heat and enjoy!
View the instagram reel.