If you are over shrunken twist outs and tiny curls this post is for you! There are only a few steps between you and elongated, stretched hair that is ready to be styled. This is perfect for us naturals, who aren't quite ready to battle wash day, but still want rock a new hair style. Follow the simple steps from below. This method was adapted from one of my favorite YouTubers Naptural85.
1. Start off with hair that has been previously styled (twist out, braid out, flexi rod set, it doesn't really matter). This gives you a base that has already been somewhat stretched.
2. Divide your hair into 3-4 workable sections. I used banana clips.
3. Take one of the sections down and take an even smaller section out. Re-clip the remainder of the section to keep it out of your way.
4. Take the smaller section you just divided out of the main section and carefully finger detangle the section.
5. Once you have finger detangled the smaller section, hold the section at the root and comb it out with a wide toothed comb. **holding it at the root is very important, because you don't want to break your strands**
6. Repeat this throughout each section until you have "blown out" your entire head.
This method is essentially detangling your hair dry. The important thing is to be careful, work in small sections and DO NOT ADD WATER to aid you in detangling. This will defeat the purpose and cause your hair to shrink. I also added a little homemade shea butter whip to my hair before I began.
The recipe can be found under the link below